Saturday, January 03, 2009

Welcome 2009! :)

Like Christmas, we spent the New Year at my parents' house. The yayas were on day off, so I had my hands full taking care of the twins.



We brought buttered shrimp and buco salad for meja noche, yummm!



A friend of mine lives in Bulacan, and when she asked me if I wanted anything from the firecrackers factory, I immediately said "three big fountains and a 1000-round sawa" (this is more potent and louder than judas belt, asteeeg). Keith and I made sure to follow all the good luck pamahiin. We tied coins on our door and made sure that the rice container was full. We also wore red shirts, hehe.

Same as last year, Vito awoke from the noise of the firecrackers, but Carlos slept peacefully through the night, hehe. Their pedia warned about exposing them to new year's usok, saying na malakas itong magpa-hika, so we just stayed inside the bedroom and watched the fireworks from the window.

2009 is the Year of the Ox, and it is said to be the most prosperous year according to Feng Shui experts. I pray for continued success, good health and happiness. I have a feeling it's going to be a great year :)

Here's wishing you all a blessed and prosperous New Year! :)

No comments: