Thursday, October 09, 2008

Public speaking

I attended a training recently, and the speaker shared that a survey in the US revealed that more people are afraid of public speaking than dying. Can you believe that?

If you want to be a great leader, you must be good at public speaking. And to be good at public speaking, you need PRACTICE. You can read tons of books on how to be an effective public speaker, on how to stay calm, on how to handle tough questions, but the best teacher is experience.

I guess you can start talking in public places, like a Tour Guide. Right. You get to travel for free and share interesting stories where people would go "Whoa, who knew?!" or "Wow, really?!" I think it's cool to be a Tour Guide. Like Carlos Celdran. I've always been intrigued with old Manila and would love to go to one of his Intramuros tours.



I can be a Tour Guide myself. I love talking and travelling, hehe. Everyday is a different day. Yes, I would want it for a job, if only it can support a growing family :P

No comments: