Sunday, January 31, 2010

Feast of Sto Niño

Keith and I went to San Beda to attend the annual Pista ni Sto Niño. I didnt know what to expect, but I was happy to meet with my friends who promised to join the procession. Mendiola was closed, so we parked the car malapit sa Kambigan, and walked our way through the street that housed 5th street, 4th street, 3rd street - you know the rest. We met Peen and RJ at Mcdonald's. I just had lunch at home but I couldnt stop myself from eating those hot, crispy, golden french fries!

We heard the church bells of Our Lady of Montserrat. The procession has started. Weather was perfect - no sun, no rain. I watched in amazement as I saw girls in white and blue uniform (definitely not San Beda) wearing shoes with 2-in heels, anuvaaah! Kids were strutting their stuff. One would think you were in a fashion show and not in a procession. We waited for our queue coz alumni had to walk after the students. While waiting, I saw several people holding this odd-looking red stick. I was inggit so I told Keith I wanted one too and asked him how much. He said sandali lang, and after a few seconds he came back with a red stick in his hand, awww :)

We positioned ourselves right behind Sto. Nino. While walking, Keith said, tinataas ata yan - referring to my red stick. I looked at the people and yes, nka-taas nga. I said, huh? baka magkakulani ako dito?! Bwahaha. And so we walked, praying the rosary as we passed by the church of St. Jude, Malacañang, TIP, Teacher's College and back to San Beda.



Sto Niño.



Rj, Popeen and Moi (holding my flower stick).

Before leaving San Beda, we passed by The Abbey, otherwise known as Our Lady of Montserrat, constructed in 1926, it's really a sight to behold. We wanted to get married here, but during that time it was bawal, thanks to manila archbishop cardinal Rosales.

Keith and I had dinner at Gerry's in Tomas Morato. We met Dong there and made chikka until 10:30PM. Masaya the bonding moment... Until next time! :)

No comments: