Sunday, May 24, 2009

Boracay ~ Day 2

It was 6am. I woke up Keith to take some sunrise photos. He reluctantly agreed, hehe. We went to White Beach and we were surprised to see some dark clouds over the island. But, God is really good, coz after breakfast, the sun was out again.

Our complimentary buffet breakfast was super sarap and there were plenty of food to choose from. I had cornflakes with milk, my fave. I also had pansit, fried bangus and omelette which is prepared as you order. I also had coffee, pineapple juice and some orange slices. Ang takaw talaga, hehe!

At 9am, we went reef walking. We went to station 1, where the pick up and drop off station for all water activities is located. We hopped a speedboat, which dropped us off Angol. After the orientation from our dive master Eric, Keith was first to go. When it was my turn, I suddenly became nervous and I totally forgot what our dive master just taught us. I had three attempts going down coz I couldnt equalize. I was at the point of backing out, but the thought of an angry Keith made me decide otherwise, hahaha! With the dive master's help, I was finally able to reach the bottom, to join Keith who was waiting anxiously. I gave him a thumbs-up sign to say I was okay. :) Here's a tip: chew gum. I think it will help you equalize.

I didn't know fish love pandesal, hehehe! We fed them three times. And while we were feeding them, the dive master was taking our pictures. Feeding the fish was a relaxing feeling. Our dive master even caught a fish by his hand and asked us to hold it. I didnt have the courage, so I just rubbed the tail. It was an awesome experience! This has got to be the best water activity ever! And at P500 each, it's a bargain. For the digital underwater pics, we paid P500. For reef walking inquiries, contact JayR 09238308162.





After reef walking, we were shuttled by a speedboat back to station 1. The weather was starting to get really hot, so we decided to have some fruitshakes at Jonah's (station 1). Keith had avocado shake, while I had mocha shake. There was also a tattoo booth inside Jonah's. We decided to get one. Keith had "three stars and a sun", while I had the tattoo artist do a freehand design on my back. We paid P200 for both.



It was already lunchtime, but we were still full. We decided to do Parasailing - not for the faint at heart, hehe. We passed by Diamond Water Sports (station 1), and inquired. They charge P1,000 each for 15 minutes. We said okay. We hopped on a speedboat to bring us to the parasailing dock. There, we rode a two-engine (bigger) speedboat. The crew gave us a waiver to sign, I didnt even read it. Then, they asked us to join them on the deck and strapped us in place. There's no backing out now. One of the crew said, wave your hand like this if you want to go down. That was the only orientation we had and the next minute I knew the big parachute was already pulling us up up in the air. I screamed, "Hunny kung hindi lang kita mahal hindi ko to gagawin, aaaah!"





Parasailing suspends you 500 meters above sea level, and that is super high! So high you can see Bulabog Beach, which is on the other side of Boracay. You can also see Mt Luho; practically the entire Boracay island. You can also see how green the ocean is, and you'll know the black spots are coral reefs. Actually, once settled, it gets a little boring. Hahaha. It only gets exciting when the wind pulls you up/down, left/right. After a few minutes, we were being pulled down. Parasailing is an extreme sport that I am willing to do only once, haha. Try it!

After getting off the speedboat, we didnt have the appetite for lunch. We went back to the hotel to swim at the pool.

At 2pm, we went back to White Beach to find a restaurant where we can have a light meal. Keith required a beachfront location coz he wanted to swim afterwards. I wanted to eat some crabs, so I suggested the Crab House at Escondido. It was located near the Church so I said great because it was Sunday. We took a tricycle and the driver said Escondido was walking-distance from the Church. Upon reacing the Church, there was no mass, so we offered our prayer of thanks. After that, we headed for Escondido. However, the street going there looked rural, and Keith didnt want to pursue. He wanted beachfront, remember!?

We walked back to station 2 and it was difficult to decide where to stop. We ended up at Red Coconut. Keith had burger and mango shake, while I had banana split. Keith and I needed to get that tan. We used their benches to sunbathe. I was thankful we stayed at Red Coconut because most of the guests were foreigners and I wasnt so conscious of my stretch marks and big belly because I know they do not care, ahehe.

After swimming for I think 30 minutes, we decided to go back to the hotel. I asked Keith to go ahead while I do some pasalubong shopping. When I went back to our room, I caught Keith watching showbiz balita, the Katrina-Hayden scandal, ahahay.

It's dinnertime once again, and we have decided to eat at Aria (station 2). We had some red wine and quattro stagioni - pizza with a selection of four different toppings (aria, boscaiola, napoli and frutti di mare). Super sarap, and the spicy olive oil was perfect with our pizza. After consuming our 8-slice pizza, we transferred to the tables along the beach and sat on these big pillows. For dessert, I had belgian waffle from Cafe del Sol, which is Aria's sister company.



Just a few steps from where we were seated, was a group of kids, asking donation for their sand sculptures. When one kid approached me, I said okay but on one condition - please write our names. He did, and charged me P5 for each letter, hehe. I didnt know if he was serious, afterall he only asked for donation. So I obliged and gave him P50. He was super happy.

We decided to do some bar hopping. We strolled along White Beach but didnt find any good spots, so we decided to stay at Hey Jude. I ordered frozen pineapple margarita, while Keith had a mojito. Man, my margarita sucked! After 30 minutes, we transferred to Bom-Bom and Pat's, where there was a man with a reggae hat, singing Tagalog love songs. He kept saying, "thank you all you beautiful people" and was laughing to himself in between songs. I think he was high on drugs or something. So as soon as Keith finished his tequila sunrise and as soon as I finished my mango shake, we left.

That was Day 2, and boy, we were exhausted!

No comments: