Saturday, August 14, 2010

Cats, Now and Forever - Live in Manila



It was girls night out when my mom treated me and SIL Mau to watch CATS at the Tanghalang Nicanor Abelardo (CCP). OMG, I think the tickets were ridiculously expensive. Then my mom told me some of her amigas go abroad just to see the play. Ok, fine. Lea Salonga stars as Grizabella, leading an international cast.

I didn't know what to expect from this play. There were many surprises for me. The costumes were impressive, from wig to shoes. High-tech the stage props. They had magic tricks and acrobatics, which was very entertaining. The cast mingled with the audience during the play and intermission. One verse was sang in Filipino, which was quite funny because of the accent. Also because of the accent it was difficult for me to follow the story because I couldn't understand the words. Thank God Lea sang so clearly and it helped that her song was a familiar song. Overall, I would say the play was okay. I was surprised to see many kids watching, then a friend told me CATS is pambata. I also saw many dads sleeping, bwahaha.

No comments: